Peer Leader Resources
Make use of your peer leading manual and always feel free to contact Derek
(x4152) or Vicki (x4110) with questions, concerns, or ideas about
the peer leading program. Here are some additional links to assist you.
What Does a Peer Leader Do?
See the full
Position Description Here!
Peer Leaders sharpen leadership skills through experience and reflection!
- plan and coordinate orientation.
- participate in all fall leadership-training sessions
- lead a group of first-year students through Orientation
- are people to go to when incoming students have questions
- help new students to register for classes
- teach others about the importance of community service
- meet during the fall semester to reflect upon their experiences. The opportunity to voice
what you have seen, heard, felt, and the opportunity to listen to and discuss the experiences
of others, you will be able to fully utilize the lessons that being a peer leader has to teach!
These meetings are important - please join us.
Peer Leaders mentor new students!
They model how to...
- learn from others
- listen to what others are telling them
- be responsible in the midst of fun times
Peer Leaders help facilitate in the 1st year seminar class!
They work with their assigned faculty to...
- demonstrate the importance of a
person's involvement within a community
- learn how to teach and communicate ideas effectively
- develop listening skills to show
respect for others' ideas