Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide multimedia support for Athletic Communication
responsibilities related to the University’s intercollegiate
Athletics program including, but not limited to, overseeing
production of highlight videos, interviews and video features.
Assisting in the coverage of the University’s 26 intercollegiate
sports, as well as special events (championship tournaments,
end-of-the-year banquet, etc.). Provide input on the hiring of a
small staff of Multimedia Assistants to fulfill these goals and
oversee said staff on a day-to-day basis. Work with the Athletic
Communication office’s professional staff to develop a year-long
Minimum Qualifications / Skills Required:
- Knowledgeable in the operation of audio/video equipment.
- Video production experience.
- Attention to detail and ability to concentrate within a sometimes
- Ability to maintain composure, professionalism and concentration
in a sometimes high-tension environment.
- Punctuality and flexibility, as event schedules can change with
- Extreme preference given to applicants enrolled in the
University’s communications programs, with an eye toward using the
experience to build a resume.
Skills, Abilities and Knowledge that
might be gained in this position:
- The ability to produce high-level multimedia content on tight
- Knowledge of internal aspects of the Department of Athletics,
specifically relating to how multimedia can be used to enhance the
student-athlete experience and the University’s publicity efforts.
- Collaborating with peers to both provide and utilize constructive
criticism, with the goal of improving everybody’s work.
- Hours mentioned are only presented as a loose guideline. Actual
hours available may vary widely on a week-to-week basis, per the
needs of the department.
- If interested, additional hours may be available by serving as a
camera operator at events, in conjunction with the Department of
Athletics’ web-streaming initiative.