Duties and Responsibilities:
Oversee the production of the annual
Athletics montage video to be shown at the Department of Athletics’
year-end Hall of Fame banquet. Arrange for the filming of
events throughout the year, ensuring each of the University's sports
will be represented in the finished product. Select appropriate
music and edit highlights together in a way which will ultimately
tell the story of the Department of Athletics for the 2017-18 year. If desired, suggest
individuals for hiring as Multimedia Assistants to assist with this
Minimum Qualifications / Skills Required:
- Knowledgeable in the operation of audio/video equipment.
- Video production experience.
- Attention to detail and ability to concentrate within a sometimes
- Ability to maintain composure, professionalism and concentration
in a sometimes high-tension environment.
- Punctuality and flexibility, as event schedules can change with
- Extreme preference given to applicants enrolled in the
University’s communications programs, with an eye toward using the
experience to build a resume.
Skills, Abilities and Knowledge that
might be gained in this position:
- The ability to produce high-level multimedia content on tight
- Knowledge of internal aspects of the Department of Athletics,
specifically relating to how multimedia can be used to enhance the
student-athlete experience and the University’s publicity efforts.
- Collaborating with peers to both provide and utilize constructive
criticism, with the goal of improving everybody’s work.
- Hours mentioned are only presented as a loose guideline. Actual
hours available may vary widely on a week-to-week basis, per the
needs of the department.
- If interested, additional hours may be available by serving as a
camera operator at events, in conjunction with the Department of
Athletics’ web-streaming initiative.