Info Desk Attendant
Attendants are responsible for assisting the Student
Involvement staff in providing services and general information to
the campus community and guests at the Information Desk. Student
Attendants are to serve as receptionists and administrative support
to the Campus Center and are a source of information regarding
campus programs and events. Information Desk Attendants are expected
to promote campus events/activities as they assist in advertising,
poster making and other tasks assigned by the Student Involvement
staff. Attendants provide for the general security, operation, and
supervision of the Campus Center during and after normal business
hours and on the weekends. Information Desk Attendants are expected
to be creative as they engage the campus community within the Campus
Center. Staff members should be able to work independently and be
able to demonstrate enthusiasm for the campus community.
ĽA reading tutor opportunity within the local school
system is potentially available for additional hours and
responsibilities to interested employees. Please indicate your
interest to the professional staff within the interview process.
Minimum Qualifications/ Skills Required:
* Must be at least a Second Semester Freshman to Apply
* Preference given to Federal Work Study students
be, or will be, van certified through the university. (minimum of 8
passenger van certification)
* Willing to assist with on campus
events. Duties could include setup, assisting with running the
event, and take down.
* Willing to engage their peers as well as guests and other
* Students must be familiar with the campus community and workings
of the campus center.
* Positive attitude and effective communication skills.
* Able to follow specific guidelines and instructions.
* Effectively relate to the public and campus community.
* Must be able to deal with a diverse group of people, work
environment, and shift roles quickly.
* Must be available to work occasional nights and weekends.
All applicants must submit a cover letter along with a completed
application. All applications can be picked up at the Information
Desk and/or the office of the Assistant Director of Student