How do I appeal a grade?
A student can appeal a grade given by following the Student Grade Appeal Process below:
1. The student should go to the faculty member to ask for a grade change.
2. If the student is dissatisfied with the faculty member’s decision, he/she may petition the College Coordinator to intervene no later than 30 days into the following semester/term after which the grade was submitted. The College Coordinator will seek a mutually acceptable resolution.
3. If the student is still dissatisfied, he/she may then petition the Academic Standards Committee (ASC) by completing a Student Appeal Form. The form should be submitted to the applicable Dean who will forward it to the Chair of ASC. This form must be submitted no later than 8 weeks into the following semester/term after which the grade was submitted.
4. The Chair of ASC will contact the faculty member and ask for a 1 page letter explaining the grade.
5. Supporting material may be submitted with the above letter and form.
6. ASC will recommend a decision to the appropriate Dean, who will notify the student of the final decision.