Abstract Rules & Guidelines - Important!
Faculty/Staff will need to submit a registration form, which must include:
Registration Deadline: March 15th, 2019
- The title of the presentation
- The type of presentation
- The name and contact information of the faculty sponsor (for student submissions)
- The name and contact information for the student or faculty/staff registrant(s)
- An abstract
- Any and all equipment, supplies and/or media needs You will be given further details about the time and location of your presentation after the abstract submission deadline.
Note: Students are required to select a faculty/staff sponsor who has teaching experience and/or credentials relevant to the subject area of the proposed project. The student must obtain sponsor oversight and approval of presentation and abstract prior to submission of the registration form by the faculty sponsor in order to be considered.
- Be clear and concise.
- Be accessible to a wide and varied audience.
- State, in clear terms, the central question and purpose of the work.
- Provide a brief discussion of any relevant methodology.
- State conclusions and significance.
- Include text only (no images or graphics).
- Be reviewed, approved and submitted by faculty/staff sponsor. Other formatting guidelines:
- References are allowed within abstracts, but not required.
- The online registration/abstract submission form may not process all formatting and special characters (e.g. scientific symbols). Use plain text format for your abstract.
- Your abstract should be between 150 and 200 words in length. Write in the third person with descriptive writing; this will be used as the description of your presentation in the Academic Showcase Schedule.
- All preliminary abstracts must be submitted by midnight of the registration deadline (March 16th 2018). In addition to the faculty/staff sponsor, all abstracts will be reviewed by a Showcase Committee faculty member within the division of the particular field of study. Abstract reviewers will evaluate submissions based on the criteria listed above and assess overall merit within the context of the specific academic discipline.
Note: The title and author(s) of your abstract will appear EXACTLY as they are entered in the abstract submission form. Please double check punctuation and spelling before submitting (The Academic Showcase Committee is not responsible for editing or correcting your submission).
Extensions will be granted only in the case of technical difficulty. Submit extension requests in writing to Karen Brown before the end of the submission deadline listed.
Poster Print Instructions
Poster designs need to be submitted to Print by April 9th, 2019
Please utilize the following
template and printer guidelines when creating your poster.
- Files must be saved and
submitted as a high-resolution PDF
- Student posters must be
sized at 24" w X 18" h
- Faculty posters must be
sixed at 48" w X 36" h
- Do not delete, replace,
or resize the Franklin Pierce University logo
- Photos must be 300 dpi
- For students posters, the name of the faculty sponsor must be included directly under the names of the student presenter(s)
Student poster 24 x 18 (PPTX) template >
Faculty poster 48 x 36 (PPTX) template >